- Drink plenty of water and up your intake of healthy fats. Think avocado, salmon and olive oil. All of these naturally lubricate from the inside out.
- Cut back on coffee and alcohol, they are both considered diuretics which means they make your body get rid of moisture, not hold it in.
- Skip traditional bar soaps and stay away from sulfate formulated washes. Both of these can strip the skin’s natural lipid barrier, leaving it unprotected and dry.
- Bathe in warm tepid water, never steamy hot. Extreme long hot showers can dry out skin further.
- Turn down the thermostat in the house. Having the heat cranked all day long (and night) can really zap moisture from your skin. Keep it at a comfortable ambient temperature under 70 degrees F.