Winter can wreak havoc on delicate skin leaving it dry, itchy and irritated. Most of the time, simple changes to your daily skincare routine can help maintain that healthy, beautiful glow all year round. Try these simple tips to keep your skin looking and feeling its best during the coldest months of the year.
- Be sure to limit shower time to more than 10 minutes and don’t crank up the temperature. Hot water can damage your delicate skin barrier and make skin red, dry and irritated.
- Lather on a thick, protective, skin-quenching cream immediately after showering to lock in moisture. Our Ultra Rich Body Butter is infused with natural shea butter, coconut and sunflower oil to soothe and nourish depleted skin making it soft and supple all day long. It’s our favorite winter must-have!
- Use gentle, unscented skincare products. Heavily fragranced moisturizers, harsh cleansers and products containing alcohol can be drying and irritating for sensitive skin.
- Keep your pucker protected with a moisturizer containing natural ingredients to minimize chapping and irritation. Our Lip Repair Balm is made with 40% coconut oil and leaves lips feeling soft and hydrated on contact.
- Excessive washing can leave hands feeling dry and irritated so it’s important to lock in moisture with a gentle, hydrating cream immediately after you cleanse. Our Ultra Rich Hand Cream is just the thing when you need intense moisture without that greasy feeling.
- Add moisture to the air with a humidifier. Cranking up the heat can leave your skin extra dry.
- Don’t forget your H2O. Make sure to stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Your skin will thank you.